Pages

I'll meet you there - Heather Demetrios [Review]

Sunday, January 08, 2017

 (Credit to A)



And maybe some people are like collages - no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.


What is it about:

If Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing separating Skylar from art school is three months of summer…until Skylar’s mother loses her job, and Skylar realizes her dreams may be slipping out of reach.



Josh had a different escape route: the Marines. But after losing his leg in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be.



What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and, soon, something deeper.

Compelling and ultimately hopeful, this is a powerful examination of love, loss, and resilience. 

(Credit to goodreads.com fot that summary)

My opinion:


I started reading this book on the flight to Sweden. The funny thing is, I sometimes actually get sick on flights. But I just couldn't stop reading this book, even tho my head ached at times. And it was only the beginning of the book! 
I already fell in love with the first page. So that tells allot about this novel!


(both pictures Credit to A)

Characters:

I loved every character. No like seriously. I mean of course only those, who you are supposed to love... If that makes sense. (*coughs* I didn't like Billy *coughs* *coughs*) I felt like I was friends with each character and if as I really knew them. I understood every decision and surprisingly no character annoyed me. I fell in love with their bad habits and imperfections. It's crazy how much I feel for those characters. Almost creepy... But the way Mrs. Heather Demetrios describes them, is just amazing.

(weheartit.com)

Creek View and that dope writing style:

Oh well. Creek View is one of a kind. I can imagine that town so good. As if I had visited it once. That just said already how good Heather Demetrios can write. I truly loved reading every sentence she wrote. I could tattoo my whole body with beautiful quotes of her. (that was a figure of speech.)

All in all:

I have to say I really fell in love with that book. It's romantic, funny and heart-warming. Actually it became my favorite book of all time. And that means like - a lot! 
I hope there will be a second book, because I'm starving to read more about Sky, Josh, Dylan, Chris ... yeah and even Blake.


Rating:




5 out of 5 💖 💖 💖 💖 💖











xoxo - A' 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs