Pages

November 9 - Colleen Hoover (Review)

Monday, February 13, 2017

“I thought I was stronger than a word, but I just discovered that having to say goodbye to you is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.” 

That book just got translated into german.

And that caused Nisha and me a cringeworthy moment. The german title is "Nächstes Jahr am selben Tag" which basically means "Next year at the same day". First of all, why make a title longer? And second, November 9 is a much better title.
Like srsly, what was wrong in just letting it be "November 9", no they had to fuck it up.
Anyways. so we had read this book a while ago. Well first Alma ordered the illustrated Version. And spent 30 bucks on it. (Good Job...*can we have a Moment of silence for her money, please*) And then she forced Nisha read it, because the character already met like the first few pages.


Okay so let's start off with what this book is about:



Beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover returns with an unforgettable love story between a writer and his unexpected muse.



Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.


(yup, totally from goodreads.com)




Review:



A': Since I had the illustraded version, I did not only had the Story but also some amazing Pictures. It really helped me to become one with the Story and characters. As the Story went on, I enjoyed it more and more. I liked the main characters alot. And Fallon didn't annoy me at all, even tho she complained about her scars. Other then in some books, I could truly understand her, her thoughts and why she felt, the way she did.

It wasn't forced at all. Colleen Hoover didn't made me think "Okay, thanks but no thanks." The Love Story between Ben and Fallon is precious and I think I never really heard of a similar Story. I feel like their love is special. Colleen Hoover made it to something amazingly beautiful, for us to be a part of their Love Story. Or you know, just read about Ben and Fallon. It was a Little a Insta-Love, but again, it didn't feel forced or like "oh come on gurl", it felt right and not cringey. I think the whole ilustrted Thing, just gave everything a touch that made me fall in love with the Story even more. I guess, thats all I have to say.

*A' JUMPING INTO THAT BOOK AND SHE ONLY
RETURNED AFTER FINISHING IT*


B': Alma didn't force me into reading this book. I wanted to read it on my free will after hearing her swoon about it. And thats a fucking miracle, because I am really not the biggest fan of Colleen Hoover. She must be a nice person and stuff but I really never liked her books.. not even "ugly love". So you can guess, how much of a surpise it was for me. It was a *Surprise Motherfuckaa* moment. Can I even mention that on a online platform? 

So yes, back to the book.. first things first, right? 
I started reading late at night. Next morning I had a important exam, but I just couldn't give enough fucks. This book was just too amazing, to lay it down. So I read, read and read until it was early in the morning. Finally I was finished. But I couldn't function rightly, I was too stunned of it. What a masterpiece. 

*B' AFTER READING THAT BOOK* (AKA HIGH FIVING
A', BTW. NO DIFFRENCE BETWEEN HER AND AN ANGEL)




All in all:
Fucking amazing masterpiece right there!

Rating:
5 out of 5 💖💖💖💖💖





No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs