Pages

#scandal by Sarah Ockler (Review)

Saturday, February 11, 2017


“You can't help who you love,"he says,"even if the timing is horrendous.” 

Okay, so I finished the book, took a picture of it right-away and now I'm writing a review. And it's like midnight. Aka, I should really go to sleep now, but I can't.

Me to myself right now..


Whatever, so let's just jump right to what this book is about:


Lucy’s learned some important lessons from tabloid darling Jayla Heart’s all-too-public blunders: Avoid the spotlight, don’t feed the Internet trolls, and keep your secrets secret. The policy has served Lucy well all through high school, so when her best friend Ellie gets sick before prom and begs her to step in as Cole’s date, she accepts with a smile, silencing about ten different reservations. Like the one where she’d rather stay home shredding online zombies. And the one where she hates playing dress-up. And especially the one where she’s been secretly in love with Cole since the dawn of time.


When Cole surprises her at the after party with a kiss under the stars, it’s everything Lucy has ever dreamed of… and the biggest BFF deal-breaker ever. Despite Cole’s lingering sweetness, Lucy knows they’ll have to ’fess up to Ellie. But before they get the chance, Lucy’s own Facebook profile mysteriously explodes with compromising pics of her and Cole, along with tons of other students’ party indiscretions. Tagged. Liked. And furiously viral.

(Totally from goodreads.com because I'm not functioning at this time.)

My opinion:


Let me start with this: I didn't have any expectations for this book. To be honest I totally forgot what it was about, so basically it was standing in my bookshelf for a long time. Till I finally decided to pick it up. And I have to say, I'm glad I did!
This book is far from what I thought it would be. It was an easy read. A book you just read along, you know? It's not like I spent nights reading in it, because I couldn't put it away. But I cared about the book anyways and wanted to know how it's going to end. If that makes sense. 
I'm totally happy with this book and especially with the ending. For me the ending is one of the most important things of a book. I have read so many books, that I truly loved..... BUT the ENDING!! UGH. I'm happy this book didn't disappoint me. 
I also have to add, that this book has a meaning behind. It's a lot about social media and how it changes a lot of peoples life. Sometimes in a bad way. I'm totally in love with technology and I am grateful for what we have nowadays. So I'm also looking forward on new stuff. Also I love social medias. Since I have a lot of relatives far away, it's a cool way to stay in touch. But not only that is the reason I love social networks, but let's just end the list there. What I want to say is. This book doesn't say: "Technology is evil. Social Medias are evil" It basically says, that a lot of people are using it for bad things. For example gossip and shaming people and making fun of them. Long story short: This book shows how social media can be used in bad ways and hurt people.
The writing was really good aswell! The author Sarah Ockler sure knows how to write. It wasn't too much of a complicated read but also not on a kids-book level. But I have to say, since English is not my first language. Not even my second one, sometimes I totally lost myself and didn't understand anything... ups.. But that's more my fault than Sarah Ocklers fault. :)

Characters:

Each character was special in #scandal and I loved it. But as I said it was an easy read, I didn't really cared about them that much. It was more like a, I hope they end up well, but whatever if not. THAT doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the book, surprisingly. It just happened to be like that... :P I'm sorry, I'm weird at explaining and most times I don't make sense. Especially at 02:34 a.m. 

Over all:

I would recommend this book to anyone. BUT, it's really not, In My Opinion, a WOW book, that leaves you speechless. Other than that, it's also a good book to get out of a reading slump. So that's great! :)

Rating:

3.5 out of 5  💖💖💖


HAVE A NICE DAY/NIGHT 💓
-A' out

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs